DELTA-PROTEKT® | Overview | Properties | Application and Performance
The outstanding corrosion resistance of Delta Protekt KL105 is derived from various protection mechanisms:
- Sacrificial cathodic protection
- Barrier-effect due to zinc and aluminium flake.
- Reaction of binding systems with base
- Consolidation of Delta Protekt KL105 film under corrosion loading
- Enhanced White corrosion protection
- Integral Lubricant
As a result of these corrosion features Delta Protekt KL105 affords higher corrosion resistance in marine and industrial environments than many other conventional corrosion protection systems with comparable coating thickness/weights. Coating with Delta Protekt KL105 will not result in hydrogen embrittlement since the stoving temperatures are between 220°C and 240°C, changes in metallurgy are practically excluded. Delta Protekt KL105 has an excellent penetration capacity combined with extremely good substrate surface wetting characteristics so that even components of a complicated geometry such as tension springs may be effectively coated.